REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN, PREPARATION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION FOR DEVELOPMENT OF DOUBLE STOREY OFFICE BLOCK FOR TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION AT VARIOUS COUNTIES.
REFERENCE NO: TSC/EOI/03/2018-2019
The Teachers Service Commission through its restructuring has created new positions at county offices. The new positions call for creation and redesign of offices. To this end, the commission invites a consortium of professionals firms to express interest in undertaking preparation of relevant construction drawings, design, bidding documents, and management of building construction works.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- Undertake need assessment as directed by the client and design specific architectural and other relevant drawings.
- Develop all requisite design drawings and tender documents for procurement of contractors for works.
- Supervise construction works at the county offices and manage the relevant provisions of the awarded contracts.
- Undertake the post of contract management of the specific project in the presence of client/representative and technical officers from the office of the Works Secretary State Department of Public Works.
Interested consultants should demonstrate requisite qualifications and experience in rendering the services required.
Additionally, the consultants must meet /provide the following minimum requirements.
- Company’s background, governance, structure, registration certificate by the relevant professional body.
- Registration and practicing certificates of the relevant professional bodies of the key consultants.
- The consortium firm should have experience in design and construction supervision for the last four years.
- The consortium firm should have experience of at least four projects that have been completed in the last 10 years or are currently at 65% complete.
- Experience in undertaking an assignment in similar magnitude.
- Evidence of financial capacity in carrying out the assignment (attach copies of audited financial statement for the last three years:
- Testimonials of relevant references for related assignments done during the last ten (10) years.
- A copy of a valid tax compliance certificate or exemption certificate.
- Provide details on how you will handle the assignment and explanations of your understanding of the objective of the assignment, approaches to the assignment, listing all the major activities and the proposed methodology for carrying out project and obtaining the expected outcome.
- Certificate of Incorporation /Business name.
- A copy of company’s list of directors/CR12
- Submit the original and copy of the expression of interest (EOI) documents.
Further information may be obtained from the Procurement Office, 2nd Floor, Podium Wing, TSC House, Upper hill, Kilimanjaro Road between 8.00 am to 5.00 p.m. From Monday to Friday.
Complete Expression of Interest documents clearly marked “consultancy services for design, preparation of bidding documents and construction supervision for development of double storey office block for Teachers Service Commission at various counties should be deposited in the tender box provided at the TSC House 3rd floor podium wing or be addressed and posted to:
The Secretary/Chief Executive
Teachers Service Commission,
Private Bag, 00100,
So as to be received on or before 10th January 2019 at 11.00am East Africa time. The bids will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
NB: Only successful bidders will be invited to submit their proposals.