The National museum of Kenya intends to undertake renovations and improvement works at Tom Mboya Mausoleum in Mbita, Rusinga Island, Homabay County and invites tenders from contractors who carry out the following works: –
Project : PROPOSED RENOVATIONS AND IMPROVEMENT WORKS AT TOM MBOYA MAUSOLEUM IN MBITA, RUSINGA ISLAND, HOMABAY COUNTY
TENDER DESCRIPTION: Proposed renovations and improvement works at Tom Mboya Mausoleum in Mbita, Rusinga Island, Homabay County – Main Works
Interested Contractors who are registered in relevant trades and categories, (proof of registration required) may obtain Tender Documents from the office of Principal Procurement officers in person, upon payment of a non – refundable fee of Kshs. 1000/- in cash office on the first floor , Heritage Building, National Museums of Kenya, along Museum Hill, before 4.30pm on normal working days or in banker’s cheque and NMK Website www.museums.or.ke . Those who download should send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
There will be NO mandatory pre-tender site visit, but bidders are strongly advised to familiarize themselves with the site.
Interested bidders should note that only those meeting the criteria indicated below as a minimum, supported by relevant documents at submission will be considered for further evaluation.
- Proof of works of similar magnitude and complexity undertaken in the last five years.
- The Bid Bond must be in form of Bank Guarantee from a reputable bank or approved insurance company.
- Adequate equipment and key personnel for the specified types of works.
- Sound financial standing and /or adequate access to bank credit line equal to at least 10% of their Tender Sum.
- Litigation History of the Company (both court and arbitration cases).
- Confidential Business Questionnaire.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- An undertaking in the form of a letter signed by the bidder stating that the firm will comply with the statutory requirements on Gender, Youth and Persons with Disabilities.
Further, tenders from the following tenderers shall be treated as non-responsive and therefore subject to automatic disqualification:
- A tender from a tenderer whose on-going project(s) is/are behind schedule and without approved extension of time.
- A tender from tenderers with on-going project(s) exceeding four (4) in number, regardless of the total value of the outstanding works.
- A tender from a tenderer who has been served with a default notice on on-going projects(s) or a tenderer who has been terminated in a Government Contract in the past.
Tenders in plain sealed envelopes, marked tender number on the right hand side corner and bearing no indication of the tenderer should be addressed to:-
The Director General
National Museums of Kenya
P.O. Box 40658-00100 Nairobi
and placed in the Tender Box situated at the entrance of Earth Sciences Building or sent by post so as to reach the above address on or before 12.00 p.m., 19th March, 2019.
Submitted bids will be opened publicly in the old board room soon after the above stated closing date and time in the presence of the tenderers or their representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be returned unopened. Prices quoted must be net inclusive of VAT and all Government Taxes and must remain valid for one hundred twenty (150) days from the opening date of the tender.
The Bid Security, which must be from a reputable bank or from a PPRA Accredited Insurance Company, shall be valid for one hundred fifty (180) days from tender opening date.
The Government reserves the right to reject any tender giving reasons for the rejection and does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.
National Museums of Kenya