Retirement Benefits Authority Investigation Services Tenders
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
EOI NAME: PROVISION OF INVESTIGATION SERVICES
EOI NUMBER: EOI/RBA/613/728/2018.
The Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is a public sector organization established by the Retirement Benefits Act, Cap 197 Laws of Kenya, tasked with the role of regulating retirement benefits schemes in Kenya. The Authority is seeking an expression of interest for provision of Investigation Services.
- Analyse books, accounts and records of retirement benefit schemes;
- Obtain from any trustee, manager, custodian or administrator of a scheme or any officer, employee or agent thereof, any books, accounts, documents, records, statements, correspondence, minutes, resolutions, returns or other information relating to the scheme;
- Undertake a comprehensive, adequate and effective audit of a retirement benefit scheme’s accounting records;
- Review the scheme’s policies and procedures including procurement and disposal procedures
- Identify false, forged or fraudulent documents and accounting entries in the books and records;
- Identify, quantify document evidence of suspected misappropriated or lose of funds;
- Provide factual information that can be utilized in support of any possible litigation process;
- Identify failure and weakness in internal controls.
- Provide recommendations and suggest actions to strengthen controls and mitigate future risks.
- Assess the scheme’s compliance with the provisions of the Retirement Benefits Act and Regulations.
- Undertake a comprehensive review and inventory of all scheme assets including property
- Review all processes employed with respect to collection of revenue and fees
- Undertake a census to establish detailed information relating to membership of the scheme
- Review the position with respect to scheme assets and liabilities
The Authority wishes to establish a database of pre-qualified firms who are willing to offer investigation services. The pre-qualified firms will be invited to bid for the professional/technical services when the need arises. The firms interested in submitting Expressions of Interest to offer the audit services, shall meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements;
- Certificate of registration/incorporation;
- Holds a valid certificate of registration from a professional or regulatory body as the case maybe (attach copy);
- The firm must possess at least 7 years experience in forensic audit/investigations;
- Provide valid tax compliance certificate;
The interested firms shall provide the following specific information as well as any other relevant information;
- Provide evidence of having undertaken at least 3 similar assignments in the most recent 5 years (attach commendation letters in each case);
- Description of management/ organization structure, detailing list of key staff relevant to the assignment and their Curriculum Vitae inclusive of staff who will directly be involved on the assignment. The minimum academic qualification for the Key staff is a relevant degree of specialization;
- Attach copies of Audited financial statements for the most recent Three (3) Years
Information regarding any current litigation involving the firm;
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) shall be submitted in one original and two copies. The EOI can be downloaded from the Authority’s website www.rba.go.ke for free. Completed bid documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked with the EOI reference number and the EOI name and should be deposited in the Tender Box on 14th floor, Rahimtulla Towers, Upper Hill Road and should be addressed to The Chief Executive, Retirement Benefits Authority, Rahimtulla Towers, Upper Hill Road, P.O Box 57733-00200 Nairobi, so as to be received on or before 26th June, 2018. The EOI application will be opened soon after in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
The shortlisted firms shall be contacted to make proposals as and when need arises.