ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PROVISION OF ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) SERVICES
CONTRACT NUMBER: AWSB/GOK/EHS/2018
Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Sanitation. It is mandated to plan and develop/expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga Sub-County in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to contract an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor for the Northern Collector Tunnel Project system.
The consulting services involve:
- Reviewing EHS Policies and Procedures, safe operating procedures, emergency procedures and related documents;
- Monitoring site conditions, practices, and procedures for compliance with environmental, safety and health;
- Assisting in the development of Activity Hazard Analysis;
- Conducting site inspections of project, work areas and equipment;
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents and determining root causes and recommend corrective /preventive measures;
- Training new employees and existing personnel on safety programs, policies and procedures;
The duration of services is expected to be 24 months on a full time basis.
The Athi Water Services Board now invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria for the individual consultants are:
- Degree in: Occupational Health and Safety OR Environmental Sciences OR Engineering, OR equivalent;
- Technical training in Occupational Health and Safety from a recognized institution. Any additional training e.g. in Fire Safety, First Aid etc. shall be an added advantage;
- Registered with NEBOSH, DOSHS and/or NEMA;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Environment, Health and Safety (EHS). Experience in confined spaces will be preferable;
- Should demonstrate working knowledge of World Bank Operation procedures and IFC Environmental, Health, and Safety Guidelines.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 0800 to 1700 Hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, by mail, or email) by 5th December, 2018 at 12.00 noon East African time and clearly marked ‘Expression of Interest for Provision of Environmental, Health and Safety Services’. CONTRACT NUMBER: AWSB/GOK/EHS/2018
Chief Executive Officer
Athi Water Services Board
Africa Re-Centre 3rd Floor, Hospital Road Nairobi
P.O. Box 45283-00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: 254 020 2724292/3 Fax: 254 020 2724295